The ability to stop and control bleeding is critically important to all surgical procedures and to the practice of medicine in general. Based on the self-assembling peptide platform technology, 3-D Matrix has obtained CE mark approval for the surgical haemostatic agent PuraStat®.
PuraStat® has a number of unique features that distinguish it from existing products.
Characteristics and advantages of PuraStat®
- Transparency of PuraStat® maintains a clear view, increasing accuracy and allows checking the efficacy of the application
- PuraStat® is suited for use in delicate/hard to reach areas since it is “fluid” and can flow into tiny niches and can e.g. spread well over the irregular surface of the liver
- As PuraStat® does not disturb the site by becoming hard or sticking to tissue, the surgeon has full flexibility throughout the procedure
- Second application of PuraStat® is possible and easy
- Additional clips or sutures maybe placed through PuraStat®
- Long duration of the procedure makes it difficult to use time-limited products / glues; PuraStat® can be used at the beginning, middle and end of the potential long duration of the procedure
- It does not change in volume even after application, ensuring control and safety at the site
- “PuraStat® works also in patients with prolonged prothrombin time”1